WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT
Awards / Accreditations
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Submit Your Resume
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
The System Administrator will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Windows and supported subsystems that support Carenet infrastructure; Windows and Application systems that support Active Directory, Telephony architecture as well as the Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties maybe assigned.
• Protecting system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources. Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
• Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits. Upgrading systems by implementing and maintaining best practices and security controls.
• Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
• Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
Skills/Qualifications: System Administration/System Engineer Certification in Microsoft, Problem Solving, Informing Others, Process Improvement, On-Call, Server, Network and Topology Troubleshooting.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or three to
Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
Math Ability: Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest,
Commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to deal with and solve problems using solid judgment skills.
Working Environment/Physical Activities to include the ability to lift push and/or pull up to 25lbs.Continuous walking, standing and/or sitting, customer contact in an office environment and/or field assignment.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
• Experience in Storage Area Networks
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
• Knowledge of security software programs and implementation
• Knowledge of best practices in developing Active Directory best practices and procedures for enterprise infrastructure
• Excellent technical knowledge of corporate, Windows, Patch management, Log management, and Virtual Server standards.
• Comprehensive hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software, and standards.
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
• Ability to conduct research into hardware products and issues as required.
General Skills and Aptitudes:
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills
• Ability to operate as an effective member of a team
• Ability to manage multiple diverse tasks simultaneously
• Strong project management skills (ability to manage the total project while understanding
Subcomponents and how they relate to the overall project)
• Demonstrate interpersonal and conflict management skills
• Ability to effectively relate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
• Solid leadership qualities
Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, VMware VCP, VCDX or VCAP, or similar certifications are desirable.
Send This Job to a Friend