Founded in 1995, Eze Castle Integration is the market leader in IT services, technology and consulting for hedge funds and alternative investment firms.
Over 650 hedge funds, managing more than $300 billion in assets, entrust their technology operations to us and for good reason. We employ the industry's best and brightest technology professionals. Our business processes are mature and our premier customer service is tailored to match the unique requirements of our hedge fund clients. Plus, we have launched over 2,000 hedge funds and have a deep partner network that ensures clients gain preferred access to the industry's best solutions.
On top of all that, we offer the industry's broadest portfolio of hedge fund-specific Solutions and Services including: Outsourced IT, Managed Services & Private Cloud Computing, Professional Services, Project & Technology Management, Telecommunications, Network Infrastructure Design and Management, Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery, Archiving, Storage and Internet Services.
And, we have offices in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, San Francisco, Singapore, and Stamford.
The Senior Engineer is responsible for being a technical lead and escalation point for implementing and maintaining all aspects of our clients’ technology as well overseeing the day to day activity for a team of engineers dedicated to their client list. This includes daily support incidents, server troubleshooting, hardware/software installation and upgrades, new infrastructure build outs and relocations, as well as mentoring their engineers, and ensuring that engineers are following best practices and standards.
He/she is also responsible for collaborating with the Client Technology Manager to evaluate current infrastructure and designing technology opportunities that will enable a client to be successful. Senior Engineers will regularly interface with high profile financial industry clients on a day to day basis thus requiring the highest level of presentation, communication and professionalism. The incumbent will act as an escalation point from the ECI Support desk and from Field and Full Time Engineers.
o Technical design and execution of varying technical projects including, but not limited to, software/hardware implementations, upgrades and office relocations
o Acts as a mentor to systems engineers by supporting them and guiding them through and reinforcing best practices and ECI standards.
o Monitors and maintains network servers and workstations and the programs running on them
o Contributes to knowledge base of support issues and resolutions
o Supports recovery of clients’ environment in the event of systems failure or disaster
o Acts as an escalation point for Field and Full Time Engineers and will coordinate with internal resources and vendors in helping to diagnose and resolving complex issues in client’s environments
• Engages in continuous improvement and learning of various products:
o Investigates and follows both industry and ECI best practices
o Documents and contributes to the enhancements of ECI standards
o Creates and presents quarterly technical training
Role Competency Requirements
o Meets commitments
o Works independently
o Accepts accountability
o Handles changes (able to shift gears easily)
o Sets personal standards
o Stays focused under pressure
o Meets attendance/punctuality requirements
o Is attentive to detail and accuracy
o Is committed to excellence
o Looks for improvements continuously
o Monitors quality levels
o Finds root cause of quality problems
o Owns/acts on quality problems
• Job Knowledge
o Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge
o Possesses necessary technical skills
o Understands company mission/values
o Keeps job knowledge current
o Is in command of critical issues
o Picks up technical things quickly
o Can learn new skills and knowledge
o Is good at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge
o Does well in technical courses and seminars
• College diploma or University degree in the field of Computer Science or equivalent field and/or 5+ years of experience with a minimum of 3 years of end user support
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
• Strong documentation skills
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Sharp attention to detail
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Capable of multitasking in a high pace environment, effectively and efficiently
• Exceptional customer service orientation
• Ability to demonstrate client sensitivity
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Outstanding client services skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Participate in on-call rotation.
• Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008, Active Directory and Exchange 2003/2007/2010
• Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008
• Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.0, 4.1, 5.0
• Remote Access Services - Citrix Metaframe 4.5 and XenApp 5.0, 6.0, 6.5 – Remote Desktop Gateway
• Spam filtering technologies such as Symantec, Global Relay, Barracuda, Ironport
• Strong Understanding of networking concepts, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching and Firewalls
• Deploying Enterprise level networks with Cisco ASA firewalls, and Catalyst switches
• Email and Spam troubleshooting
• Building Servers (Dell PowerEdge and HP Proliant)
• Data Backup and Recovery with Symantec Backup Exec or similar Enterprise Software
• Symantec Antivirus or similar Enterprise Software
• Financial Industry Experience including familiarity with market vendor applications (Bloomberg/Thompson Reuters)
• Experience with Linux or Solaris
• Scripting knowledge (VB, Batch, WSH, PowerShell)
• Familiar with Storage Area Networks (Netapp, EqualLogic, EMC) and Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer)
• Ability to work independently with moderate supervision.
• Ability to work under a moderate noise level (i.e., working on an open floor with printers, telephones, and computers)
• Individual is expected to be available after hours for escalation purposes (including late nights and weekends)
• Needs to be available outside of standard business hours
• Ability to travel for business and work beyond normal business hours when necessary.
• Ability to be flexible and successfully respond to multiple work pressures
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits. Come work for the leader in cutting edge technology and see for yourself how we value our clients and employees alike.