||Sun Solaris Systems Engineer
Founded in 1995, Eze Castle Integration is the market leader in IT services, technology and consulting for hedge funds and alternative investment firms.
Over 650 hedge funds, managing more than $300 billion in assets, entrust their technology operations to us and for good reason. We employ the industry's best and brightest technology professionals. Our business processes are mature and our premier customer service is tailored to match the unique requirements of our hedge fund clients. Plus, we have launched over 2,000 hedge funds and have a deep partner network that ensures clients gain preferred access to the industry's best solutions.
On top of all that, we offer the industry's broadest portfolio of hedge fund-specific Solutions and Services including: Outsourced IT, Managed Services & Private Cloud Computing, Professional Services, Project & Technology Management, Telecommunications, Network Infrastructure Design and Management, Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery, Archiving, Storage and Internet Services.
And, we have offices in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, San Francisco, Singapore, and Stamford.
The Sun Solaris Engineer’s role is to manage Linux & Solaris servers hosted in our Cloud or onsite at our clients (primarily Advent Geneva). He/she is responsible for deploying and maintaining Solaris infrastructure and has a role in supporting Red Hat Enterprise Linux as well as some associated Windows Servers.
He/she interfaces with high profile financial industry clients on a daily basis thus requiring the highest level of presentation, communication and professionalism. In addition, the Sun Solaris Systems Engineer is required to multitask in a fast paced and high pressure environment and have the ability to learn and implement new technologies quickly and efficiently.
o Deploys/upgrades Sun Solaris solutions (production and disaster recovery) for new and existing Clients
• Support and Maintenance
o Monitors performance, storage and utilization for Sun Solaris environments and recommends enhancements based on findings
o Provides post-installation training and technical escalations support to clients and service team
o Maintains client’s Sun Solaris production and disaster recovery environment which includes; testing and turn up
o Contributes to knowledge base of support issues and resolutions
o Acts as the technical escalation for service team and sales team on cloud infrastructure issues
o Performs capacity performance planning and reporting to ensure efficient use of cloud storage
o Works directly with clients and partners to support and maintain mission critical applications
o Supports recovery of clients’ environment in the event of systems failure or disaster
o Diagnoses and resolves problems in multiple customer environments, coordinating with co-workers and vendors as necessary to facilitate maximum availability of client applications in financial and other mission critical environments
o Provides Tier 2 escalation to Client’s Support Team to diagnose and resolve issues in client’s environments, coordinating with internal resources and vendors
o Supports recovery efforts in the event of systems failure or disaster
• Engages in self-directed continuous improvement and learning of Sun Solaris products:
o Investigates and follows both industry and ECI best practices and updates ECI standards
o Documents standards on the ECI WIKI
o Participates in scheduled Support and Product Team meetings
Role Competency Requirements
o Meets commitments
o Works independently
o Accepts accountability
o Handles changes (able to shift gears easily)
o Sets personal standards
o Stays focused under pressure
o Meets attendance/punctuality requirements
o Is attentive to detail and accuracy
o Is committed to excellence
o Looks for improvements continuously
o Monitors quality levels
o Finds root cause of quality problems
o Owns/acts on quality problems
• Job Knowledge
o Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge
o Possesses necessary technical skills
o Understands company mission/values
o Keeps job knowledge current
o Is in command of critical issues
o Picks up technical things quickly
o Can learn new skills and knowledge
o Is good at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge
o Does well in technical courses and seminars
• BA/BS degree in the field of Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience with Solaris
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
• Strong documentation skills
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Sharp attention to detail
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Capable of multitasking in a high pace environment, effectively and efficiently
• Exceptional customer service orientation and client service skills
• Ability to demonstrate client sensitivity
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to provide knowledge transfer through technical publication, peer collaboration, and in/formal training delivery
• Ability to conduct independent research for design, troubleshooting, and personal education purposes
• Understands basic business and financial concepts and can translate business requirements into technical requirements and solutions based on multiple products
• Ability to think conceptually
• Must have a thorough understanding of storage products and architectures
• Experience with Storage Area Networks and Virtualization strongly preferred
• Must have a thorough understanding of virtualization products and architectures
• Knowledge of general storage technologies: iSCSI, FC, FCoE, NAS, Snapshots, SAN-SAN replication is desirable
• Working knowledge of MS Active Directory, MS Exchange, and MS SQL Server
• Extensive experience developing scripts and automation to drive business value and efficiency
• Experience with Enterprise-class Open Source tools for Configuration Management, Anti-Virus, Logging,
• Understanding of middleware technologies and computing concepts
• Expert understanding of UNIX commands from multiple distributions
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008+
• Strong understanding of networking concepts: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching and Firewalls
• Thorough understanding of networking and distributed computing concepts, including principles of LANs, WANs, server virtualization, client/server applications, and business continuity
• Data Backup and Recovery with Enterprise Software
• Prior experience with *NIX operating systems or Oracle databases is required
• Other storage, network, or virtualization technical certifications are desirable
Product Specific Requirements
• 5+ years minimum experience in an enterprise computing environment utilizing Solaris
• Proven success at designing and maintaining Solaris 8,9,10, & 11.
• Experience in Solaris 10 and 11 LDOMS
• 5+ years experience with server virtualization technologies (Solaris Containers ,VMware, KVM, RHEV, zLinux, , LPARS)
• Financial Industry Experience including familiarity with Advent Geneva is required
• Experience with Linux or Solaris Operating Systems strongly preferred
• Prior experience or familiarity with alternative storage and virtualization products is desirable
• Experience with the RHEL 5 & 6 OS
• Ability to work in an independent environment with moderate supervision.
• Ability to work under a moderate noise level (i.e. working on an open floor with printers, telephones, and computers).
• Additional hours of work may be required to meet project deadlines (including late nights and weekends).
• Ability to travel for business and work beyond normal business hours when necessary.
• Ability to be flexible and successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
• Willing to work extra hours as needed.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
We offer competitive salaries and our generous benefits package includes health and dental insurance at great employee rates, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid time off and holidays, a 401K plan and performance incentives. Come work for the leader in cutting edge technology and see for yourself how we value our clients and employees alike.
Eze Castle Integration is an Equal Opportunity Employer.