|Posting Start Date
||Education Site Manager - #513
|Dept / Division
DANADA EQUESTRIAN CENTER
• Supervise, manage, and train employees and volunteers engaged in all aspects of operating facility
• Plan short and long-term development, staffing, restoration, rehabilitation, and programming; execute the site’s approved long-term development plans
• Establish appropriate recordkeeping in areas related to the care and well-being of animals, supplies and equipment
• Insure humane treatment, grooming, general and emergency health care, nutrition, parasite/disease control; develop, implement and instruct horsemanship classes, horseback riding, and hayrides
• Equestrian, barn and pasture management
• Oversee herd care and barn maintenance
• Transportation and sale/acquisition of horses
• Establish and communicate priorities, deliverables, and completion dates to staff
• Plan, coordinate, and implement site activities and special events
• Develop and implement lesson plans and training programs; establish effective and efficient operation procedures for assigned areas
• Train and instruct personnel in work practices and procedures
• Oversee and manage site volunteer program
• Supervise and participate in the preparation and maintenance of site operation and financial records and reports
• Prepare and monitor operating and capital improvement budgets and annual business plan
• Prepare various reports and correspondence, including the preparation, review, and monitoring of contractual agreements
• Promote District programs, activities, and philosophies
• Serve as a representative speaker at club, school, or organization meetings
• Evaluate on and off-site educational/interpretive programs, exhibits, and displays
• Monitor and implement site security and safety programs
• Supervise the maintenance of site facilities and equipment, including renovation and construction work, as well as cyclical or preventative maintenance, inspection, and planning
• Participate in grant writing and fundraising initiatives
• Establish and maintain partnerships and collaborations with local, state, and federal organizations
• Conduct program outreach and marketing to increase demand for program services and broaden audience
• Establish and maintain effective communications with site’s official support group
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws governing the operation of public facilities, including health department, building and zoning codes
• Perform other duties as assigned.
||• BA/BS in Equine Science/Management, Animal Science, or related field, and five (5) years of related management experience including two (2) years’ experience with Equestrian Facility operation, management, and horseback riding instruction, and skill in training, riding, and driving horses; or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Preferred Candidate will have Equine Facility Manager Certification within one (1) year of employment.
COMMENTS: -- (Special requirements, uniforms, etc.) Post-offer drug test required.
HOURS & SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week – hours may vary; includes evenings, weekends, and holidays.
*Applications must be filled out to their entirety , including the electronic signature, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
||Send This Job to a Friend