||Product Design Engineer
||L.B. Foster Company, a 111 year old American corporation, is a leading manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of products for the transportation, construction, utility, and energy markets. We have recently been recognized for achievement in manufacturing excellence, financial growth, and our impressive safety record. The corporation owns divisions and subsidiaries that supply products to industries requiring rail and rail accessories; sheet, pipe and H piling; bridge decking and highway products; precast concrete buildings; and threaded and coated pipe. L.B. Foster markets its products worldwide.
At L.B. Foster, our culture reflects our passion for integrity, accountability and safety. This culture is built on the quality of our work force and a positive attitude toward continuous improvement, working in a safe environment and customer service.
The Product Design Engineer is responsible for engineering cost effective concrete product designs that meet or exceed customer specifications and requirements by utilizing LB Foster proprietary design software and engineering experience. Also, the development of new railroad products and improvements to existing designs through research, laboratory testing, and field observation.
• Develop, coordinate and troubleshoot the design or modification of concrete railroad products.
• Lead technical discussions/support in the specification, installation, and maintenance of concrete railroad products.
• Responsible for developing and applying reliable engineering methods and theories in the investigation and solution of technical problems.
• Technical interface with external and internal customers and engineering consultants.
• Technical support to the sales team with cost analysis, time estimates, and process requirements for projects.
• Research and development for new innovative products through partnerships with other LBF divisions, industry experts, and universities.
• Design and support for plant production equipment, forms, and tools required for concrete tie manufacture.
• Field technical assistance for customers, installation crews, and inspectors.
||Skills, Experience and Education:
• B.S. in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
• 3 to 5 years experience working in design. A focus on prestressed concrete and/or railroading is desirable
• Proficient in MS Office, AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor
• The ability to obtain PCI Level I & II or PCI Level III certification within a year of hire
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• The ability to communicate technical information both written and verbally to various levels within the organization
• The ability to lead change and process improvement programs
In return, we offer an opportunity to build a solid career with competitive compensation and a very attractive benefits package, including first-day health care coverage and a market-leading 401(k) program. If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online at www.lbfosterjobs.com
||Send This Job to a Friend